• Application Process
  • Application Process



    The students who wish to study on Mevlana program at Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University (ALKU) can only apply if their University has a Mevlana Bilateral Agreement with ALKU. The applicants will be evaluated by the Host Institution and Council of Higher Education. Afterwards the selected Mevlana exchange students must follow these steps:


    Step 1 - Getting into Contact

    First, you should contact the International Relations Office to start the application procedure. We demand a Letter of Recognition from your University stating that you are a selected Mevlana student who is going to study at Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University. International Office at your University can send this Letter via e-mail or by post.


    Step 2 -  Application (Before the Mobility)

    The next step for the selected students should be making the application along with the required documents. Here is the list of required documents for incoming Mevlana students:


    • Application form
    • Learning agreement
    • Changed learning agreement (during the mobility)
    • Passport Copy
    • Transcript
    • Language certificate (English or Turkish B1)
    • Insurance
    • 4 photos


    2.1)       Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University Mevlana Student Application Form

                  This form must be filled in by Mevlana Exchange students.

    2.2)       Photographs

                   You must send us 4 passport size photographs.

    2.3)       Learning Agreement

    Learning Agreement is the document including the agreed courses that you are going to take under the Mevlana programme. You must select the courses together with your Coordinator. When you are filling in the Learning Agreement please refer to the following website:

    The total number of credits must be about 30 ECTS (+ or - 2). After preparing the Learning Agreement; 3 original copies of this document must be signed by you, by your departmental coordinator in your own university and by the Institutional Coordinator, as well. Then one copy must be sent to us by your Coordinator (or International Office) via e-mail or post for the necessary sections to be signed by our Institution.

    2.4)        Transcript

    You must send us your up-to-date transcript.

    After filling in / obtaining all these documents you must submit them to the International Relations Office of ALKU. At first, we need the scanned copies of the required documents (Application Form, Learning Agreement, Transcript, language certificate, Letter of Recognition, insurance, passport copy and 4 passport size photographs). You must send them via e-mail or post.

    2.5) Language certificate 

    English or Turkish B1 certificate issued by an official organization

    2.6) A copy of your passport

    2.7) Incoming students ID information form


    All the documents (learning agreement and application form) must be signed and stamped. They must be sent by e-mail first and the students must submit the original documents either by post or during registration. We highly recommend them send the documents by post.




    The original documents must be sent to this address via post:

    Kestel Mahallesi Konya Çimento Caddesi No:80 Rafet Kayış Mühendislik Binası Uluslararası İlişkiler Ofisi Alanya Antalya – TURKEY


    Step 3 – Acceptance

    We will get in contact with the Departmental Coordinator of your field of study at ALKU to check the compatibility of the Learning Agreement that you have sent us. After getting the confirmation from the relevant Departmental Coordinator we will send you the Letter of Acceptance via e-mail and post. You may need this document also for visa application.


    To contact your Departmental Coordinator please click here>>


    Step 4 – Visa and Health Insurance

    If your stay in Turkey lasts more than 3 months you have to get a Student Visa. Please contact the Turkish Embassy in your home country and learn the details of visa application procedure.



    You have two options for the insurance:

    1. Having a public insurance from your country

    If you have a public health insurance in your country and your country is mentioned below you will be excused from Health Insurance if you do these steps. To reach these documents, you should contact your insurance company and you should receive the forms arranged for your name and details.

    Requirements to be fulfilled to be excused from the General Health Insurance: 

    If you have a formulary "Medical Assistance Entitlement Certificate" indicated below, please give one copy. The Social Security Directorate/Centre will give a paper in return. Give the copy of your formulary and the paper given by the Social Security Directorate Centre to Police at your appointment as your Health Insurance.

    • Germany T/A 11, T/A 9, T/A 20,
    • The Netherlands N/TUR 106, N/TUR 111, N/TUR 121
    • Belgium BT.8, BT 16
    • Austria A/TR 3, A/TR 4
    • France SE 208-01 FT, SE 208-02 FT SE 208-30 FT, SE 208-06 A FT, SE 208-28 FT, SE 208-09 FT
    • Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus K.K.T.C/T.C. 3, K.K.T.C/T.C. 6
    • Romania R/TR 3, R/TR5, R/TR 6
    • Bosnia-Herzegovina BH/TR 4, BH/TR 6, BH/TR 7
    • The Czech Republic CZ/TR 111
    • Macedonia MC/TR 4, TR/MC 6
    • Luxembourg TR/L 3, TR/L 5
    • Albania AL/TR 4, TR/AL 5

    And you should be careful that your expiry date of your insurance shall be longer than your acceptance letter's last date.


    1. Getting a private insurance from your country

     Those applying for a residence permit shall be required to arrange an insurance in Turkey and at an insurance company operating in Turkey in compliance with Article 15 entitled “Insurances which could be Arranged Abroad” of the Law on Insurance numbered 5684. Some insurances organized abroad haven`t been accepted by the Turkish police, so you should mind that your insurance covers these requirements.

    • It shall mention the coverage as worldwide or at least the name “Turkey” as a country.
    • It shall cover the dates that you are planning to stay in Turkey as Mevlana student. We recommend you do your insurance at least one more month later than your last month in Turkey just in case.
    • It shall cover minimum 30000 TL (Turkish Liras) or equal amount (Euros, Dollar etc.). So, please make sure that coverage amount is enough.
    • It must contain English or Turkish translation, otherwise International Relations Office cannot know what is written and cannot approve it.


    List of Turkish Embassies and Consulates


    You are also advised to arrange an international health insurance before coming to Turkey.


    Step 5 – Accommodation

    After you receive your Letter of Acceptance you can contact our International Relations Office to get information on accommodation. You will be assigned a mentor student to help you. There is a recommended hostel we can offer but it is your choice to stay or not. However if you want to stay at this hostel you have to fill in the accommodation form one month before you come. Here is the link that you can find the accommodation form:


    Step 6 – During the Mobility,

    • Please make sure that you have already been registered with Students Affairs of your target department,
    • Got your student ID cards,
    • You have met your departmental coordinators and got advice about the courses that you should take,
    • Then you get help from the International Relations Office about selecting courses.
    • Make sure that you have signed student declaration document.


    Step 7 – Residence Permit

    • For your Residence Permit, you need to take the following documents to the International Relations Office:
    • Residence Permit Application Form (will be provided from  e-residence)
    • 4 passport-size photos
    • Copy of Passport (the page that includes personal identifying information and the page stamped at your entry)
    • Official Letter (this document is provided by ALKU International Relations Office)
    • Passport (to show the police officer when applying the residence permit)
    • 72 TL (It may change) Residence Permit Fee (will be paid to ‘Tax Office’ in city centre, keep in mind that you should get a tax number first in the same place.)
    • (Now there is a possibility to pay with a credit card during the filling in the application form in the internet)
    • A health insurance that meets the required criteria by Immigration Office
    • Please note that you can apply for this after your arrival, in 30 days you can finalize it.
    • Student Certificate which you can get from the related department’s Student Affairs Offices is given to you if you declare your Student ID.

    After your residence permit, you must open an account in the contracted bank in Turkey. The required information about this issue will be given to you by the International Relations Office after your arrival.

    Then you will be able to get your grant in your account. It may take more than a month to get your grant please be aware of that.


    Step 8 – After the mobility

    • Receive your grades and the signatures of your Lecturers, you can ask for your official transcript from the related faculty students affair.
    • Please bring to the International Relations Office a filled and signed” Grade List of the Transcript of Records “
    • Changed Learning Agreement (If you have changed it, it must be signed)
    • Receive your "Confirmation (attendance) Document” from the International Relations Office.
    • You should inform the International Relations Office about your arrival and departure times for your attendance letter and give back your student ID cards.
    • Make sure that you have filled in and signed student final report.


    Eski Site